Your virtual family members will get sick from time to time. They will become lethargic, some might even sit on the floor, and their status will say “a bit sick”. Sometimes you will hear an audio clue about the illness. If they’re not letting you know what their symptom is, pick up and drop the person until they tell you in their action bar. You can then buy the appropriate medicine from the drugstore and cure them.
Here’s a list of the symptoms you may encounter:
- Sore throat – needs throat lozenges
- Upset stomach – needs peptic syrup
- Headache and general pain – needs anti-inflammatory pill
- Coughing – needs cough syrup
- Itchy – needs cortisone cream
- Sneezing and allergies – needs antihistamine
- Hiccups – needs to drink a glass of water from the bathroom sink
Sometimes those symptoms will be caused by an underlying infection that needs to be treated with penicillin or even a stronger antibiotic. You will know your virtual family members have a more serious infection if they keep getting sick over and over again, usually within an hour of apparently curing them.
Penicillin and Vancomycin are hard on the body so it is recommended that you buy a doctor’s consultation before using them. If you can’t afford it, try penicillin if the same symptoms keep coming back. If a person is experiencing several different symptoms, they could need the Vancomycin from drugstore. When you cure a serious infection, you may need to also cure their current symptom one last time.
It is important that you cure any illness in a timely manner. It will affect the sick family member’s health bar and make them weaker over time. Also, the longer someone is sick, the more chances another family member will contract the same illness.
- Antibiotics and especially Vancomycin will make your people exhausted. Use when needed only.
- A sick adult won’t feel like working so he won’t make any progress in his career (or very little) until he is cured
by Claire Joly